Monday, April 26, 2010

Jazz in the Middle

The following post is from John Gillick, one of the band directors who brought his jazz band to the "Jazz in the Middle" festival at Chatham High School on Monday, April 19th.

As a music educator I am always looking for educational and fun performance opportunities for my students. At the Chatham Middle School Jazz Festival I found what I was looking for. This event was a top notch and well run festival. The commentary was very helpful and encouraging to the students to continue their progress in jazz music. I will not hesitate to attend this event again. Thanks to Elefante Music and Christie Spriggs from Chatham Middle School for coordinating this festival.

Regards,
John Gillick
Band Director
Terrill Middle School

No comments:

Post a Comment